FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Got questions? We've got answers!
- Rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure performed in the operating room under general anesthesia. The procedure usually involves breaking the nasal bones with special instruments in order for the surgeon to reshape the nose, as well as removing or replacing cartilage as needed.
A splint is generally placed for five or more days after the procedure, and there is usually considerable swelling and bruising for several weeks. Final results are evident after one year.
The cost of rhinoplasty ranges from $8,000 to $20,000.
Our signature technique for non-surgical nose jobs is minimally invasive and can be performed within minutes using topical numbing. We utilize injectable fillers to correct nasal deformities, improve the shape and restore an aesthetically pleasing appearance to the nose.
The procedure takes just 5 minutes in most cases, and there is no downtime or swelling, with results evident right away.
The cost is a fraction of the price of traditional surgery.
- Non-surgical rhinoplasty is a mostly painless injection procedure, which takes about 5 minutes to perform in the clinic. Developed and refined in Los Angeles by our founding clinical director Dr. Alexander Rivkin, the procedure helps improve the appearance of the nose without surgery.
Non-surgical rhinoplasty is a safe and simple reshaping procedure that uses advanced facial fillers, such as Voluma, Lyft (for a long lasting, reversible result) or Bellafill (for a permanent result).
Although non-surgical rhinoplasty cannot shrink a nose, the injection procedure can camouflage a bump, raise a droopy tip or fill in depressions and asymmetries to make the nose as smooth and straight as possible, often giving the illusion of a narrower or smaller nose. A smooth and straight nose looks significantly smaller because it blends in to the rest of the face. Results are immediate and there is no swelling or downtime.
- We use hyaluronic acid filler like Voluma for TN Temp, and Bellafill, a collagen-inducing filler, for TN Perm. Both are FDA approved!
- At your consultation visit, our staff carefully evaluates the structure and aesthetics of your nose to determine the best possible treatment plan for you. We will ask you what you do not like about your nose and what you want to change or improve. We'll also take into consideration all of your facial features – including your chin, jawline, cheekbones, forehead and upper lip position – to create a harmonious result.
Together, you and our team will decide the course of treatment and which dermal filler is right for you, based on your personal preferences and goals.
- The filler material used to perform the temporary NSNJ will not move from one place to the other or lump up inside the tissues of the nose. When hyaluronic acid dissolves, it comes down symmetrically and very gradually. Hyaluronic acid is broken down naturally in the body and excreted, leaving no trace.
This procedure generally does not cause any kind of swelling or bruising and patients can usually go back for work immediately afterwards.
- TN Temp lasts from one to two years and comes with a complimentary touchup to optimize the longevity of your results.
TN Perm is (as it sounds) permanent, as it triggers your body's own natural production of collagen, but because your tissues change and often thin over time, you may need a touch up after seven to ten years.
- Non-surgical nose jobs (NSNJs) offer patients a way to correct only the aspects of their nose that bother them without changing their overall look. We customize our non-surgical rhinoplasty procedure for every patient so that no two noses are approached in the same way.
We believe that each result should be appropriate for the individual patient’s facial type and structure, age, body size, gender and ethnic background.
Clear communication is the key to understanding what parts of the nose you want to correct and what parts you would like to leave alone.
- Experience is the most important consideration in selecting a doctor for any cosmetic procedure. Experience is critical to quality of the results as well as safety or avoidance of side effects. Our medical team is carefully selected and includes the pioneer of this procedure, Dr. Rivkin. Dr. Rivkin is known as the global authority on this procedure and lectures and trains other doctors, including TrueNose practioners, on the technique.
- Absolutely. About half of the NSNJ procedures we perform are on patients who have had surgical rhinoplasty in the past. If the results of your rhinoplasty surgery are anything less than ideal, you can reshape your nose safely and effectively with a non-surgical nose job by TrueNose. That being said, we make it a point to have post-rhinoplasty patients treated exclusively by the most expert among our clinical staff.
Most post-rhinoplasty patients are hesitant about going under the knife again. They understand that revision rhinoplasty surgery is significantly riskier and the chances of success are less than with the primary procedure. The recovery process is, on average, longer and the cost is about double that of the initial procedure.
The post rhinoplasty NSNJ procedure is a similarly precise, careful series of injections that is individualized to your specific needs. Our clinicians are also extremely careful to make sure that the somewhat delicate post surgical tissue of the nose is never damaged during the procedure.